COVID Fact Sheet
1. Wash your hands well before eating. Use soap and water. Soap and water is superior to hand sanitizer.
2. Avoid contact with elderly people if you currently have COVID-19 or are suspected to have COVID-19.
3. Wear face masks as directed by the CDC.
4. Quarantine for 5 days if you are COVID-19 positive.
5. Have family members tested if you are positive for COVID-19.
6. If the vaccine is recommended to you by your doctor, get the vaccine.
7. COVID-19 viruses can live on toys, pens and money for days. Wash your hands after touching these objects prior to picking up food that you plan to put in your mouth.
8. The symptoms of COVID-19 are very much like those that you would suffer after getting the flu, a sore throat or a cold. Vomiting and diarrhea can also be a sign of COVID-19. Call us if any of these symptoms appear. If there is any loss of taste or smell, this could also be a sign of COVID-19.
9. The greatest risk category are those patients over 65 years of age. The least risk category are children less than 20 years of age. If you have diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, asthma, cancer or any other debilitating disease, you are at higher risk.
10. If you are sick, stay away from other people.
11. Generally, I am recommending the vaccine for patients for whom the CDC has approved the vaccine – unless, of course, you or your child has had an adverse reaction to a prior COVID-19 vaccine. Individual cases may vary. Call me.
12. There may be long term effects of COVID-19 infection. These effects are currently being studied.
13. Children and adolescents who are positive or suspected to be positive for COVID-19 should be cleared by their medical provider prior to returning to activities.